Is there some place around here that you can take Foreign Coins to in order to get them priced?
Is there some place around here that you can take Foreign Coins to in order to get them priced?
Coins are a very specific collectible. Unless they are gold or silver coins the likelihood of great value is minimal. This is one of the few items I couldn't recommend a local "expert" for you.
My suggestion would be to be patient and start by doing your own research.
Maybe start here: Identifying Foreign Coins
[img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]
Thanks! I will try that. I have recently found some that my family had given me awhile back that I had forgot that I had.
Coin values are tricky...value is determined by condition, the place they were minted, etc....in other words there are way too many variables to come to a consensus between graders. Plus, if you take them to a shop to have them appraised, the folks will appraise with a low value if they want the coin...it's just hard to get a truthful appraisal of coins. I guess cuz coins are money, money is the root of greed, and greed rules the world nowdays.
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
give me a few of the ones that you are most interested in and i will try to give you a base value. i have around a 1000 coin collection and used to be a share holder in the littleton coin company i cant guarantee you that i can find them because i mostly collect older US Canada and very few asian mint but i can try and i may be able to
Cant we all just get along?
As w/ most collectables , their worth is what someone is willing to pay for them . Rare dates and low mintage make the value increase but then again it all comes down to what someone is willing to pay bottom line .
Life is a grindstone . Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up , depends on what we are made of .
Bookmarks